Sunday, December 12, 2010

Estate Sale

Went to an estate sale yesterday and picked up a few items.. the house was BEAUTIFUL!! midcentury front back and all throughout! There was an AMAZING danish couch that was sold before I got there along with an original Leica with the original box and case picked up in germany.. loads of beautiful things but not much that fit with my house that wasn't already sold.. but here are a few pics of what I did pick up..

This is a awesome 70's style perpetual calendar, the little circles are magnets to change the date LOVE IT!

These are 3 glass syringes that I picked up, Since I work in healthcare and am infatuated with the history of medicine I am always on the look out for old medical items.. can you believe they used to reuse syringes? crazy talk! but you could also smoke in hospitals back in the day and gloves were never used either...It's kinda amazing how far medicine has come when you think about it...



As for the last two items the records are amazing, love me some Doris Day and the other record is a USO kind of record, apparently they were a bigger group in WWII love me some vinyl! The glasses though are those amazing aluminum tumblers that everyones grandma used to own... I've recently become enamored with them and snagging them up anytime I can.. the house is slowly but surely turning into a complete mid century house.. can't wait till we move and can actually remodel the house to fit as needed...

No comments:

Post a Comment